2014 KBE Highlights from Karson Butler Events on Vimeo.
- We were honored to help orchestrate and design a total of 30 events in 2014 - our busiest year yet! With 20 dynamic weddings, 3 complex corporate events, 3 stylish calligraphy classes, two photo shoots, a festive Oktoberfest celebration and an adorable 1st birthday party for one of our former couples, 2014 was an incredible year to say the least.
- Our biggest news in 2014 was the opening of our second office in California! Pinch us! Our dream of becoming truly bi-coastal became a reality this summer. The charming town of San Luis Obispo (where Amber went to college & always dreamed of returning to) has welcomed us with open arms and we're enjoying meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones! We are so thrilled to officially have offices in both San Luis Obispo, California and Washington, DC now!! Follow along with our hashtags #kbeeast and #kbewest for our adventures!
- Another pinch-us moment came in late February when we appeared on The Today Show with Kathie Lee & Hoda. Yes, national LIVE television. Us. Eeeks!! We shared Pinterest budget-friendly trends and the amount of love we received from all of you was absolutely the best part of that experience. To be invited as a expert in our industry from an outlet like that was just an incredible incredible dream come true!
- We love to plan both near and afar and designed events in California, District of Columbia, Virginia, Maryland, New York as well as South Carolina, Delaware and Maine! Can't wait to add a few more illustrated icons to our map! A few highlights of our destination events:
- Kat & Chip’s celebration at Middleton Place in Charleston, SC was over a year in the making and it did not disappoint. Amber was able to help secure a surprise firework show over the stunning butterfly lakes to cap off a truly magical evening celebrating two of the coolest people we’ve ever met. We know Kat & Chip will be lifelong friends and we were honored to plan for them. Don’t miss their wedding in the next issue of Charleston Weddings magazine hitting newsstands next month!
- Kate and Gary are two of our dear friends and their wedding at Winterthur Gardens was magical. Delaware was a mini-getaway, not too far away from DC and a perfect destination for their incredible weekend!
- We had the pleasure of visiting Maine twice this year in preps for the #millswhitewedding! If we ever have to get stuck in Maine during a lightning storm sharing the last hotel room left for miles around again, we’d want to do it all over with two of our favorite people ever – Matt & Josh. Yes, that really happened!!! And we ate at Cracker Barrel. I digress… In 2013 we helped pull off their surprise proposal and to cap 2014 off with planning their incredible weekend long celebration in Maine was a pinch-us moment. Cozy fireside party, a carefully curated north-meets-south menu, and love and friendship that spilled out of every beautiful turn. Can’t wait to share more of this stunner soon.
- In February, we attended Bliss & Bespoke retreat in Charleston, SC. We met some of the most amazing women entrepreneurs and loved our time to reflect, focus and celebrate one other. We are so honored to be invited as speakers for this 2015 retreat along with a few others we'll be announcing soon!
- This summer we mentored a wonderful summer intern Lindsey, a business major from the University of Minnesota. Lindsey proved to be a valuable team member and we are excited to have her come back this summer to lead our Month-Of Planning experience!
- Experiencing The Little Nell in Aspen, Colorado was a highlight of the summer and we were honored to be included alongside planners and designers we admire and respect so much. Emily had a blast fly fishing, white water rafting and experiencing all that Aspen has to offer. Dreaming of going back to this five star diamond property to experience luxury at its finest. The Aspen Mountain Club wedding deck is quite possibly the dreamiest place to get married. Anywhere.
photo by Scott Clark Photo
▪ A much-needed trip to California in November proved to be a creative refresh for us. We loved sharing our beautiful home-state with two of our dear friends Jodi and Kurt Baier from Jodi Miller Photography. Jodi and Kurt are two of the kindest and most talented creatives we know. We are constantly inspired by them and it was fun to cook amazing dinners (thanks Kurt!), drink wine, and create just for the sake of being creative with no real objectives in mind. Everyone should carve out time to do one creative thing this year without any goal other than collaborating and truly enjoying the moment.
- We are happy to have three real weddings in publications this year. So happy to see Kathie and Matt’s Inn at Perry Cabin wedding grace six pages of Southern Weddings magazine. Washingtonian Bride & Groom magazine published Tina & Ricky’s industrial chic wedding at The Ritz Carlton Georgetown. Equestrian Quarterly magazine featured Laura & Glenn’s National Cathedral/Hay Adams wedding and we were excited to be included!
- Our weddings & events were featured on incredible online outlets too –Style Me Pretty, District Weddings, Pottery Barn, Glitter Guide, Washingtonian.com, Inspired by This, Style Me Pretty Living, Green Wedding Shoes, & More!
- We were honored to be included in the following "best of" lists in 2014: Washingtonian's Best Wedding Planners, Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book, District Weddings Favorite, Be Inspired's Tastemakers, Lover.ly's Best DC Event Designer to name a few!
We have much to be thankful for in 2014 and we are every-so-grateful to all our amazing friends, family, vendors, and clients for their on-going support. Looking forward to an even brighter 2015. Cheers!
-Amber & Emily
Add a comment