- We truly feel we have the very best clients - each so very different, but oh-so-special. We were honored to help orchestrate & design 21 events this year - 18 weddings, one incredible destination proposal, an industry anniversary party & a baby shower for one of our closest friends. You can see a few of these beautiful events here, with even more being added to the website soon!
- In addition to local events here in DC/MD/VA, our destination events this past year took us to Portugal, Cape Cod, California & Oregon. We also had trips to South Carolina & Delaware in prep for 2014 weddings. Since we both love to travel, we decided to pick a spot on the map that we both had never visited before for a trip with our very best girl friends. We vowed no work meetings and simply enjoyed the city of Nashville as honky-tonk loving tourists. It was incredible and we hope to visit again soon! We're currently trying to figure out where to go for 2014... stay tuned!
- We kicked off the year with not one but TWO real weddings in Southern Living Weddings. We loved seeing our work in various places around the country at airport newstands, bookstores and receiving all the texts from excited friends & family whenever they spotted the magazine!
- We were flattered when Studios Magazine approached us to feature our design studio in their fall issue! Seeing an eight-page spread all about us & our creative space - wow! What a humbling moment! Huge thanks to our friends Jodi Miller Photography for sharing their incredible talents with us for such a special project!
- Special Events Magazine named us to their list of top 25 event professionals in the country under the age of 40. As the industry's leading list of rising stars, we are so proud of this very special selection.
- Our weddings & events were featured on incredible online outlets too - Martha Stewart Weddings, Style Me Pretty, District Weddings, Washingtonian.com, Glamour, Destination I Do, Inspired by This, Four Seasons Magazine, Style Me Pretty Living, Bridal Guide, Daily Candy Weddings, Elizabeth Anne Designs, United With Love, Elements of Style, A Military Story, The Hill and more!
- This summer we mentored a wonderful summer intern, Jessica from Elon University's Sport & Event Management program. She was incredible and we so appreciated all of her great work!
- In 2013 we witnessed history as the Supreme Court struck down DOMA and granted federal rights to all legally married same-sex couples. Just steps from our design studio, it was incredible to help celebrate such a great victory in our industry. We decided in 2013 we wanted to be more supportive and vocal to this civil rights issue of our time. We were frustrated with how many people in our industry - an industry all about weddings and marriages - were afraid to talk about this and we didn't want to be one of the silent supporters. We're happy to have helped three same-sex couples this past year in their wedding planning journeys and look forward to many more.
- We were honored to be included in the following "best of" lists in 2013: The Knot's Best Of Weddings, Washingtonian's Best Wedding Planners, Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book, District Weddings Favorite, Be Inspired's Tastemakers, Engaged Magazine's Best of the Best, and Wedding Wire's Brides Choice Award.
- We love our design studio - it is a fun place to find inspiration and an all around creative environment. Not only do we love it, but so do our clients and industry friends too! Meant to Be Calligraphy offers calligraphy classes in our space, and we have a handful of new things brewing for 2014 too!
- In late October we celebrated the one year anniversary of our name-change, new website and branding! Although we were a little nervous for change, the transition has been smooth sailing this year!
- DC is an incredible city with so many exciting events. Every now & then we pinch ourselves - how did two small town gals end up here? We're loving every minute of being in this city. In January of 2013 we attended the Presidential Inauguration on the National Mall, and were able to help with Washingtonian's Inaugural Ball at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. What a special treat! In May we helped with Zoofari - an incredible event at the Smithsonian's National Zoo. In December, we headed to Baltimore to collaborate on a maker's market with Make Tribe - teaching holiday ideas to their attendees in a "speed crafting" workshop!
2014 already looks to be a record-breaking year for Karson Butler Events. We can only imagine what the year will bring, and that makes us excited! Who will our new clients be? Where will they take us? What will inspire us? We're ready and waiting with open arms. Welcome 2014, it is nice to meet you!
Photos by Jodi Miller Photography. Fabulous hair & make-up by Amie Decker Beauty.
Add a comment