A few of our highlights:
- We kicked off 2012 with real-wedding features in three magazines: Southern Living Weddings, The Knot DC/MD/VA and The Washingtonian Bride & Groom. We were thrilled to walk into the grocery stores and see all three issues on sale at the same time, and were so proud when we'd get texts from friends around the country seeing our work in print!
- As one of Washingtonian Bride & Groom's top wedding planners (we were named "one to watch" on the magazine's exclusive list in the Winter/Spring issue), we participated in the Unveiled wedding showcase in January.
- Engaged! Magazine featured us on their "Who's Who" list of planners and we loved working with Edge Floral and The Willard on a boxwood inspired design for the magazine's March showcase.
- In April we were honored to style Venn Workshops, a photography workshop with Jodi Miller Photography & Adam Barnes Fine Art Photography. The images were amazing and we met so many great new photographer friends too!
- Spring kicked off the busy wedding season which continued right on through December! We planned 23 weddings in DC, New Orleans, Los Angeles and San Diego this year! We seriously have the best clients ever and can't thank them enough for their trust and support.
- In May we were invited to appear on The Knot's LIVE webshow as VIP Visionaries. We traveled to their NYC headquarters to film a segment on our design styles. Pinch us!! We had such a wonderful time!
- We welcomed our first-ever intern Rachael this summer! In addition to all the help she provided to us in DC, she also traveled with us to weddings in New Orleans and San Diego. She instantly fit right in with the two of us, and we're so excited about her future in the weddings industry.
- By far, the biggest accomplishment of 2012 was the launch of our new branding and website! We decided last November to give it a whirl, and nearly a year later, we launched as Karson Butler Events. Huge thanks to Ross & the Flosites team for their help with bringing our amazing website to life!
- We were introduced to Wonderland Weddings earlier in the year and in July had the opportunity to work on our first wedding together. We instantly became great friends with Evan, Mike and team and before we knew it we were filming with them on both coasts for our very own home page video!
- We moved out of our home offices and into our new design studio late Fall. Seriously a dream come true for us!
- We wrapped up the year with a quick trip to Portugal and Iceland just before Christmas with a new couple looking for the perfect venue. Two very different but equally amazing destinations - stay tuned to hear where we'll be visiting again soon!
So here we are, on this second day of January 2013, excited for the goals we've set and the amazing projects in the pipeline. But what we're even more excited for are the opportunities we've yet to even dream of. 2012 proved that we couldn't have imagined all the wonderful things the year had in store for us 12 months earlier. So we're approaching the new year with an openness, anticipation and excitement for the unknown. Cheers to 2013.
Add a comment